Monday, November 23, 2009

Compition: table



Day one, Dad found some tile that was laying around from the shower they redid. I placed the left over pieces on my table to see if I had enough. There was, so my dad help me come up with a way on the router to make a straight edge that inset the table an 3/4'.
Then after I routed out all the way around the table, I ripped off the middle chunk.
With the extra long pieces I had to break into tiny squares.





The the order of the pictures centered above, when i took off the center of the table there was coiled cardboard inside which made it hollow followed by the next picture. In order for the tiles to be place I needed to glue down board to rise the inside. I glue three layers of wood down. one of which was the top of the table. End of day one.






No comments:

Post a Comment